Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thoughts

I love being in school, I hate being in school. I love the community and all the creativity buzzing around me. I hate homework. I love film projects. I hate due dates. And I hate having work and school both vying for my attention and time.

Needless to say, I'll be so very, very thankful when I walk in May. I'm planning on staying in the area, but I need a break from all things academic. I think I'll just focus on work this summer, and looking around for internships or entry-level media jobs.

What do I want to do with myself? Eventually I want to end up shooting in foreign countries. South America would be wonderful. I just need to figure out what needs to happen in order to get to that point. I'm not anxious; God guides my every step.

For the time being I need to focus on all that needs to happen in the next few weeks. I have two music video shoots coming up that I probably shouldn't have committed to...seeing I have to edit my own senior project...in Spanish. I'm terrified. I was supposed to be editing by now, and I'm still translating. A Dominican friend of mine is helping, but I'm wondering if it's going to be fast enough. I may not be sleeping much the next few weeks.

God, give me inspiration for story structure and editing techniques and pulling everything together. Increase my passion for El Callejon and for telling its story. Don't let me get distracted. And let the new editing program be not too difficult for me to master. And let me find someone to help me polish the project up. Keep me aware of Your presence in every moment, and let me lean on You more. Amen.


No comments: